Warranty costs for manufacturing companies range from 2% to 7% of annual revenue (Source: Warranty Week).
Now imagine a guided analytics platform which combines “Internet of Things” (IoT) type data from your products, text service claims from your technicians /dealers and your warranty claims data from your ERP / After-sales systems. Can you see how easily you could detect significant issues earlier, trace root causes of warranty spend or identify the range of potentially impacted products? We have what it takes: SAP HANA based EXA Predictive Maintenance Platform.
Learn from the Past
and Control Your Present & Future
Our Predictive Maintenance Platform bridges the chasm between yesterday’s BI reporting, today’s self-service dashboards and tomorrow’s Predictive Analytics.
The Retrace-Analyze-Control principle of our Predictive Maintenance Platform enables you to optimally cope with product issues and alerts, resulting in a significant decrease in warranty costs.
Our platform enables data traceability from the end customer through factory process, enabling you to isolate the origin of the product or part failure. The platform combines harmonized machine data, ERP data as well as service and claims history into one analytical framework.
The Predictive Maintenance Platform gives you the power to optimize your processes by determining patterns and validating hypotheses using advanced reporting capabilities and data analysis.
Key Features and Benefits
- Pre-built, HANA-based framework for guided analytics
- Strong out-of-the-box analytical capabilities, including fuzzy text matching, guided search and pre-built dashboards
- A solid foundation for advanced predictive analytics based on HANA-PAL (Predictive Analytics Library) or HANA-R integration
- Data Model to combine machine/sensor data, warranty & service claims as well as other relevant ERP data
- Modern SAP UI5-based interface
- Evidence package- a user and case specific combination of data, charts and results which can be used for further offline discussions or detailed deep-dive analysis
- Interface for visual analytics tools like Tableau or SAP Lumira
Needs and Engagement
- Using vehicle telematics data, service and warranty claims for Early Issue Detection
- Easy to use platform which allows engineers and analysts self-service analytics
- Workflow and data integration capabilities beyond what commercial off-the shelf self-service analytics tool vendors offer today
Through the implementation and use of the Predictive Maintenance Platform company now has the capability:
- To identify relations between telematics alerts, service claims and resulting warranty payments
- To early identify any issue which will result in warranty payments and in the process decreasing warranty costs significantly
- To enable business users to better discuss the impact and priority of each issue based on thorough evidence packages
- To balance the flexibility and openness of a self-service analytic tool with the complexity of advanced analytical algorithms without a steep learning curve for the business users
Data integration is the key to success in Predictive Maintenance, as well as in any analytics project dealing with disparate data sources.
This Whitepaper discusses various approaches and provides practical advice and Best Practices.