EXA Deutschland GmbH is a leading provider of Digital Transformation products, solutions and services engaged in delivering customized and niche solutions leveraging SAP and non-SAP systems and technologies across Financials, Manufacturing, Big Data and Advanced Analytics. We support leading, internationally active clients with revenues >5 bn. € from the automotive, process (chemicals & pharma) and manufacturing industry and are perceived as a developer of high-end software solutions and trusted consultant. Founded in 2012, EXA has grown to more than 140 employees internationally and employs a dedicated team of leading subject matter experts and technology enthusiasts. Independently owned and operated, EXA grows organically and is keen to employ people that share our vision of excellence in client service and desire for technology development.
We are looking for a motivated person with good experience in Big Data Technology and Architectures, who can help drive EXA’s fast growing Big Data and Advanced Analytics business. The Big Data architect will act as the onsite trusted advisor to our clients, support clients to define and plan their Big Data strategy and coordinate EXA’s onsite and offshore development team.
Work Experience / Technical Expectations
- Candidate should have 3-5 years of relevant overall working experience in advanced analytics implementation projects (such as Big Data/Data Science/Predictive Analytics or similar)
- Good understanding of the topics below and proven work experience in at least one of them:
- Data science: Good understanding of machine learning, data mining and advanced analytics algorithms and capable of consulting customer in these matters
- R or Scala Design and Development.
- Working experience with technologies such as the (complete) Hadoop ecosystem, NoSQL databases etc.
- Spark development
- Experience in “classic” data warehouse technologies and concepts (like SAP BW) would be beneficial
- Basic SAP know-how is beneficial
- Should be proficient to analyze, understand and process client requirements and transfer those into a solid, forward looking IoT and Big Data architecture. Ideally, candidate has proven technology and industry know-how in the requested space by publishing whitepapers or speaking at industry events and conferences.
- Candidate should have had exposure to the manufacturing industry
- Basic Pre-/Sales experience is beneficial
- EXA will provide an environment where candidate can develop & improve with regards to the technical requirements
Soft Skills / Other Expectations
- Proactive communication & desire to work with people (service approach)
- Technology, especially in the Big Data & IoT space, is changing fast – desire to adopt and adjust technical skills on a frequent basis
- Open-minded and goal oriented
- Good self-perception: knows its own strengths and where to build additional competencies (EXA is realizing the perfect candidates are not there so we want to invest in people who are eager to grow)
- Language: German (mother tongue or equivalent) & English (business fluent)
- Working Location: 3-4 days/week at client (typically in DACH), 1 day/week Walldorf, Home Office
- Act as Architect/Subject Matter Expert at client site and help client advance its Big Data architecture & Data Science capabilities
- Coordinate project development with EXA onsite & offshore team
- Grow business by becoming trusted advisor to client and shape clients view of EXA’s capabilities ensuring EXA can bid for those business opportunities
- Lead solution architecture streams of pursuit processes
- Support / Lead EXA internal solution development and service offerings
What We Offer
- Outstanding career opportunities in a fast-growing company
- An international team of leading experts in their field and a young core
- A culture in which personal development is actively enabled and personal interests are taken into account for career development
- Exciting and challenging tasks and projects for leading companies in their field
- Company pension scheme and individual training seminars
- Above-average salary and individual bonus plan
- Opportunity to develop into project team leader (functional)
- Fast access to new SAP technologies based on EXA’s close collaboration with SAP (both as partner and client)
- Opportunity to move into other EXA practices (e.g. Finance Solutions Software Development)